Doctor insights on:
Does Swine Flu Cause Laryngitis
Usually...: ...By getting sneezed on by someone already infected with it. ...Read more
Inflammatory respons: Several people died of respiratory failure related to swine flu. Interestingly many of these patients were otherwise healthy patients. On bronchoscopy we found that these patient developed densely packed inflammatory cells in their alveoli. It is believed that the patients that did the worst, had the healthiest immune systems and the respiratory failure was actually the patients own immune system. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many things: Influenza virus invades susceptible cells and damages those cells. In the process the body releases chemicals called cytokines in response, and these are responsible for many of the symptoms, including cough, headache, runny nose, fever, chills, GI symptoms and muscle aches. Because of the damage to normal cells it lowers immunity to other organisms and you develop secondary infections. ...Read more
...: "swine flu" viruses do not normally infect humans, but human infections with "swine flu" have occurred. These viruses are called “variant viruses.” both swine and regular flu have similar clinical symptoms. Depending on local resources, some labs have ability to test for non-human influenza viruses. Oseltamivir or zanamivir can be used for treatment. Wash hands often. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does swine flu cause blood in stool and urine?
- Does swine flu cause flatulence?
- Does swine flu cause red burning eyes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does the flu cause heart palpitations?
- Why am i having bone aches does the flu do cause bone aches?
- Does the flu cause dehydration?
- Does the flu cause acute myositis?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online