Doctor insights on:
Does Suboxone Cause Constipation
Possibly: Celexa (citalopram) along with other ssri antidepressants can cause GI distress in the form of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation. The symptoms may resolve in a week or two after beginning the med. Eating more fruits and vegetables, taking a fiber supplement &/or drinking prune juice may help. It is good to see your doctor to make sure there are no other causes for the constipation. ...Read more
Good question...: Constipation and Headache have certain biological mechanisms in common.90% of serotonin (a brain neurotransmitter) is made in the gut--altered levels are linked to irritable bowel syndrome.Gut bacteria influence levels of serotonin and an increase is found in the guts of kids with constipation—although, germ-free mice are found to have lower serotonin levels.Stress or dehydration can also cause. ...Read more
Side effect: Opioid pain medications are usually administered and are constipating. Other anesthetics can slow down gut movement. Pain and surgical manipulation of the gut can as well. Some studies suggest using regional anesthesia techniques like epidural or nerve block can wake gut sooner, though there are other risks. Your surgeon and anesthesiologist will discuss your options. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does suboxone cause sugar cravings?
- Does suboxone cause weight loss?
- Does suboxone cause permanent brain damage?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does folate cause constipation?
- Does ketamine cause constipation?
- Does coumadin cause constipation?
- Does constipation cause backache?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online