Doctor insights on:
Does Stressful Life Events Cause False Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Yes, but rare: Only one type of cyst can cause a false pregnancy test. This is a tumor that can release hCG. It is very rare and is very unlikely causing your pregnancy test to be positive. If the false positive is blood related then this could be due to antibodies in your blood interfering with the test. If this is true then the urine test will be negative since the antibodies can't be urinated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pregnancy test: If you had a retrieval 2 - 3 weeks ago and the test is positive, the test isn't early and you are pregnant. Still, the pregnancy may not continue so your doctor may continue to monitor the levels to see if they are going up appropriately. Then, a sonogram will confirm the pregnancy. Still, you can miscarry so you should follow your doctor's instructions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Irregular Menses: It is common for young women to miss periods, or have them come late, especially with excessive stress, weight loss, or exercise. If you did not ovulate (release an egg in the middle of your menstrual cycle) your period can be very light or not come at all. It may be heavier the following month. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does gallstones cause false positive pregnancy test?
- Can mirena cause a false negative on a home pregnancy test?
- Can stress cause a false positive pregnancy test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does early pregnancy cause gas diarrhea and cramps?
- Does the drug provigil cause a false positive on a drug test?
- Does xanax cause a false positive on drug test?
- Can ovarian cyst cause false negative pregnancy test results?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free