Doctor insights on:
Does Staring At A Computer All Day Really Damage Your Eyes
What do you suggest if I use a computer all day at work, can staring at a screen for long periods of time cause a strain on your eye and produce a twitch in your eye lid?
Too much LED: Watching too much led light is not going to make you go blind. However, it can cause your eye muscles to get tired, just as if you exercised for hours and your leg muscles got tired. That is eye fatigue.That in turn can cause eye twitching, just as muscles in leg can twitch if irritated/overused. Take 5-10 minute breaks every hour when using these types of technology to prevent this. ...Read more
My job has me staring at a computer for several hours a day which leads to a lot of eye strain and some headaches. I also wear contacts or glasses. Any advice to reduce the strain/strengthen my eyes?
Don't overuse: Excessive staring at a computer screen will result in severe fatigue and blurring of vision. Shorten exposure times, use melanin filtered reading lenses, avoid over-bright screens should help. Keeping eyes rested and moisturized is helpful in reducing symptoms of severe eyestrain. ...Read more
Is staring at a computer for long periods of time bad for the eyes and are there long term consequences?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does staring at a computer screen ruin your eyes or cause cancer?
- I tend to rub my eyes a lot does rubbing damage your eyes
- How bad is it to stare at your computer screen all day long?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How easily can a bright led flashlight damage your eyes?
- Does wearing sunglasses protect your eyes while on the computer?
- Feeling sick after staring at computer screen all night
- How many times a day do you blink your eyes?
- Talk to a pediatrician online