Doctor insights on:
Does Sore Nipples Cause Lactation Problems
My friend who is a virgin , and is 20 has extremely sore nipples , what are some causes and at home treatments?
Several causes.: Might be hormonal more than anything else. For something bad ( cancer) to happen and affect both nipples at the same time would be extremely unlikely. But an elevated prolactin can do this ( many medicines can do this, ie. Meclopropamide), and a low thyroid will also elevate prolactin levels. Finally, if you are using a new detergent for your bra, this might causes some reaction. ...Read more
Various factors: The three symptoms are likely not related. A visit to an ob/gyn might be your best option, to evaluate all three problems. ...Read more
Ok: It is hormonal. Are you pregnant?Get a more detailed answer ›
Nipple Irritation (Definition)
One's breasts may provide the first signs that she is pregnant. Women's breasts often get tender and begin increasing in size very early in pregnancy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does small nipples cause lactation problems?
- Does inverted nipples cause lactation problems?
- Lactation problems inverted nipples
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lactation problems nipple confusion
- Does mastitis cause lactation problems?
- Does citalopram cause sore nipples?
- Does breast implants cause lactation problems?
- Talk to a pediatrician online