Doctor insights on:
Does Sorbitol Cause Gastritis
No: Diahrrhoea is a phenomenon related to the presence of liquid stool in the small intestine. As the liquid passes the terminal ileum and cecum most of the liquid is readsorbed so that the partially liquefied stool in the ascending colon converts to solid stool as it reaches the transverse and left colon where all fluid should be removed. If the water is not resorbed diarrhea forms. ...Read more
Anything that is hur: Any strong irritant can cause gastritis. If it is continued for long time, the gastritis becomes chronic. Common causes are frequent alcohol use, chronic pain medication with drugs like Aspirin or motrin. Then there is a common infection with a bacteria called h. Pylori which requires using a several weeks long course of antibiotics, best done under the guidance of a gastroenterologist. ...Read more
Same as nondiabetic: With advancing diabetes, gastroparesis (stomach does not move/function well) can predispose to gastritis. Other causes are same as nondiabetic: helicobacter pylori (bacteria), alcoholism, chronic use of antiinflammatory drugs/chemo, bile reflux, even stress can cause chronic gastritis symptoms and removing the cause will allow healing in few wks, with good nutrition. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does gastritis cause bloating?
- Does gastritis cause nausea?
- Does gastritis cause gas?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does gastritis cause itchy stomach?
- Does ice cream cause gastritis?
- Does gastritis cause weight loss?
- Does anxiety and gastritis cause gas?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online