Doctor insights on:
Does Seeing A Pulsation In My Abdomen Mean I Have An Aortic Aneurysm
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
I am 20 year old male with bp around 130/70, but my bp was up to 160/90 for a week. Should I worry about aortic aneurysm if I can feel pulse in belly?
Get it checked out: If you are very thin with little belly fat, you may be able to feel the pulse. Nonetheless it is best to get it checked out by your doctor given the presence of hypertension. Revised guideline has lowered the BP threshold so that even 130/70 would be considered high. Even more worrisome is the 160/90 measurement which would put you at a higher risk for stroke. ...Read more
It bursts: The wall of the aorta tears because of increased pressure from the expanding aneurysm. Ruptures can be "contained, " with the bleeding confined by the lining of the abdominal cavity, or they can be "free ruptures, " when the bleeding occurs into the abdominal cavity. The second type is more deadly. Mortality with ruptured aneurysms is 50-90%. As many as 50% of people die before reaching the hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tear of the aorta: The aorta is the largest blood vessel in the body running from the heart to the top of the pelvis. It has a smooth lining and a muscular wall. A dissection of the aorta is a tear of the lining of the aorta allowing blood to pass between the lining and the wall which can cause problems in blood flow and in some cases can be life-threatening. Acute aortic dissection typically produces sharp sever. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a tortuous abdominal aortic aneurysm mean?
- What does it mean to have a popliteal aneurysm rupture?
- My mother has aortic aneurysm what should i tell her
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My legs are weak does it mean i have an std
- I have a uti with pus in my urine what does that mean
- I have protein in my urine what does this mean
- My blood pressure is low does this mean it is unlikely i have cmi
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free