Doctor insights on:
Does Running On The Elliptical Help You Lose Weight
Many people resolve to lose weight in the New Year for different reasons. For those who are overweight or obese, there are many health benefits to losing weight. It can help decrease your chances of developing diseases including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and even certain types of cancer. Low-calorie diets combined with increased physical activity are thought to be most effective long term. The healthiest weight loss regimen, therefore, is one that consists of making lifestyle changes that incorporate a balanced diet ...Read more
Long distance: Jogging, while not recommended by many because of the potential orthopedic problems, is possibly one of the best methods of losing fat. Low resistance, high repeititon, and long duration large muscle use burns calories while not bulking muscle. Twenty minutes may not be long enough to get to "fat burning" and if you use this method it should be at least 40-60 min 3x/week. ...Read more
Yes, but..: The best exercise is an aerobic type of exercise (walking, running, bike, swimming). So, it's not necessarily running but any exercise that raises your heart rate as it help your body burn more calories. The best effects come when you combine this with dietary modifications. Visit your doctor for an evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, this is a: Great plan. Insure that you hydrate adequately with water. Remember 3, 500 calories = 1 pound. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does running in place help you lose weight?
- Does running everyday help you lose weight?
- Does an elliptical help you lose belly fat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does running consecutively help you lose weight faster than running in spurts?
- Does wearing extra clothes while running help you lose weight?
- Does running help you lose weight all over?
- Does running help you lose belly fat?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free