Doctor insights on:
Does Rituxan Cause Hypersalivation
I want to get my tattoo finished but am taking methotrexate and rituxan (rituximab) at the moment, will it cause problems?
Hi, I am waiting for the results of my x-rays and blood work to see if I do have early stage Rheumatoid Arthritis. Can using Rituxan (rituximab) cause this?
Yes: Rituximab is directed against an antigen found on lymphocytes (cd20). It attaches to this antigen and causes destruction of the lymphocyte. Its action is indiscriminate therefore the lymphocyte population is transiently decreased leading to a lowering of the function of the immune system for brief periods of time. ...Read more
YEs: The first exposure to Rituximab frequently leads to allergic symptoms known as an anaphylactoid reaction. This may lead to red, itchy skin, wheezing, shortness of breath, tightness in the chest, high or low blood pressure. This reaction usually does not happen with subsequent exposure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is hypersalivation a symptom with rituxan?
- Rituxan cause baldness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatment for hypersalivation
- Hypersalivation in pregnancy
- Does your hair fall out with rituxan?
- Want tattoo methotrexate rituxan will cause problems
- Talk to a oral and maxillofacial surgeon online for free