Doctor insights on:
Does Pregnancy Trigger Endocrine Diseases
It can.: Pregnancy is an altered immune state to allow the mother to tolerate a 'foreign body'- the infant in her body. In some women, this altered immune state can result in some immune disease that alter normal hormone production in the body, most commonly thyroid over or underproduction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
How can missing periods and having negative pregnancy tests be related to an endocrine issue? Such as? Thanks Dr!
Hallmark pregnancy symptoms, negative blood test. Pos endocrine issue but bloodwork is normal range, inc w Blood cell count. What could be the problem?
I don't understand: your question. There may be no "problem" whatsoever. Women can have symptoms compatible with pregnancy for many reasons other than pregnancy. Since I don't know what your symptoms are, a pregnancy test would be the best way to find out if you're pregnant, and if yours is normal, discuss other potential causes of your symptoms w/your doctor. ...Read more
Since my pregnancy/birth of my son in 2014 i have had sudden onset Acne, i have seen my GP but nothing should i ask for a referral to Endocrine?
Acne: Better that you see a Dermatologist.Get a more detailed answer ›
Common diseases: The best advice I can give you to understand this is to go to the local library and find a readable book about the Endocrine system. There are many books worth reading. Perhaps before you go to the library you might want to read a few articles on the internet that will give some ideas to begin with. If you do follow this please let me know what you think. ...Read more
Yes, indeed!: You are correct!Get a more detailed answer ›
None: While called an endocrine disorder, to my knowledge, there is no specific organ/gland damage. Any pathologist can to weigh in? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does collagen vascular disease cause high risk pregnancy?
- Does graves disease effect the endocrine system?
- What parts of the endocrine system does paget's disease affect?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does having intercourse prior to taking a pregnancy test affect the results?
- Does the inside of your vagina get swollen during pregnancy?
- Why does your vagina swell during pregnancy?
- What does a question mark mean on a first response digital pregnancy test?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online