Doctor insights on:
Does Postterm Delivery Cause Oligohydramnios
Not sure of question: If you are still pregnant past 41 wks you will be followed closely likely with nst, which is like a fancy ultrasound but as you approach 42 wks most ob's will encourage induction of labor. Risks of post term delivery have to do with size and maturity of baby, including stooling in utero and birth injury. ...Read more
Decreased fetal GFR.: Oligohydramnios is a sign of decreased fetal glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in the absence of rupture of amniotic membranes. Preeclampsia can cause placental failure and thus poor perfusion of the fetoplacental unit leading to oligohydramnios. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Decreased perfusion: Oligo can be either loss of fluid or decreased production. A stressed infant will shunt oxygenated blood to more vital organs, less renal perfusion, therefore less urine produced. Anything that decreases placental perfusion can cause it (abruption or placental separation, poor implantation, vascular problems, clots, uterine abnls, etc). There are too many causes to list here, ask your ob. ...Read more
Too little fluid: There is not a normal amount of amniotic fluid surrounding the fetus. This can be caused by a variety of things, you should ask your obstetrician for more information and an explanation if this has been diagnosed. ...Read more
Placenta: Most commonly the placenta is the source of oligohydramnios (though congenital abnormalities can occur too). Most common reason for oligo are related to blood pressure. Did you have a problem with elevated blood pressure in the pregnancy? Or with diabetes? Exercise is a great way to prevent both of those problems. 60 min of cardiovascular exercise a day, 5-6 days a week is best! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does postterm pregnancy cause oligohydramnios?
- Does postterm pregnancy cause delivery with shoulder dystocia?
- Does oligohydramnios cause preterm delivery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does preeclampsia cause oligohydramnios?
- Is gender a factor in postterm delivery?
- Does pregnancy complications cause oligohydramnios?
- Does pregnancy loss cause oligohydramnios?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free