Doctor insights on:
Does Placental Insufficiency Cause Intrauterine Growth Restriction
Lupus: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Baby measured 2 days smaller on anatomy scan @ 20 weeks. How can avoid intrauterine growth restriction? Diet is not too varied but i eat healthily.
Consult with OB-GYN: Not knowing more about you it's very important that you talk about this finding with your ob-gyn for the sake of your baby and your emotional state of mind. You only want the best for this baby and your want to do everything to insure a healthy child is born. ...Read more
Blood flow: Diabetes is a glucose control disorder that affects blood vessels. If diabetes is well controlled then the injury to blood vessels is negligible. When blood vessels are narrowed or compromised-then the fetus receives less blood flow and nutrients which may be associated with newborn problems. ...Read more
Keep appointments: It would be quiet essential that uou keeo your prenatal appointments so that your doctor can monitor the well-being of your fetus. Beyond that, there is probably nothing more specific that you can do for placental insufficiency. Maintaining a well balanced diet, keeping well hydrated, and taking your prenatal vitamins would be the most you could likely do on your own. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was told i have placental resistance. Is this the same as placental insufficiency? i am a nurse on a medical surgical floor, should i be on bedrest?
Bedrest not helpful: On US, placental resistance to flow is either normal, or increased resistance to free flow of fetal blood may occur, shown by doppler imaging of cord blood pressure, reported as the S/D (systolic and diastolic) pressure ratio. So long as the fetus continues to grow normally, nothing need be done. Significant slowing growth indicates a C/S is needed. O diastolic flow requires emergency C-section ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you have placental insufficiency at 7 weeks pregnant? Would the doctor be able to til by then
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does placental insufficiency cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does placental infarction cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does hypothyroidism cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does fibroids cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does placental abruption cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does congenital toxoplasmosis in fetus cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does smoking cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free