Doctor insights on:
Does Placental Insufficiency Cause Fetal Growth Restriction
MF/placental factors: Maternal-fetal and placental etiologies can all cause fetal growth restriction. Severa fetal syndromes can lead to fgr (e.g. Down, patau, triploidy, edwards, noonan's, digeorge). Multifetal pregnancies are at increased risk for fgr; this can result in fetal demise, fetal brain injury, cerebral palsy or even normal outcomes in non-syndromic cases. Placental infarcts, hypertension, lupus: culprits. ...Read more
Blood flow: Diabetes is a glucose control disorder that affects blood vessels. If diabetes is well controlled then the injury to blood vessels is negligible. When blood vessels are narrowed or compromised-then the fetus receives less blood flow and nutrients which may be associated with newborn problems. ...Read more
I was told i have placental resistance. Is this the same as placental insufficiency? i am a nurse on a medical surgical floor, should i be on bedrest?
Bedrest not helpful: On US, placental resistance to flow is either normal, or increased resistance to free flow of fetal blood may occur, shown by doppler imaging of cord blood pressure, reported as the S/D (systolic and diastolic) pressure ratio. So long as the fetus continues to grow normally, nothing need be done. Significant slowing growth indicates a C/S is needed. O diastolic flow requires emergency C-section ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Keep appointments: It would be quiet essential that uou keeo your prenatal appointments so that your doctor can monitor the well-being of your fetus. Beyond that, there is probably nothing more specific that you can do for placental insufficiency. Maintaining a well balanced diet, keeping well hydrated, and taking your prenatal vitamins would be the most you could likely do on your own. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My wife was diagnosed with anhydramnios (16 weeks) either due to ruptured membranes or placental insufficiency. What are our chances/risks if we continue with the pregnancy?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does placental abruption cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does placental insufficiency cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does twin twin transfusion syndrome cause fetal growth restriction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does hyperthyroidism cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does placental infarction cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does bulimia cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does placenta previa cause fetal growth restriction?
- Talk to a pediatrician online