Doctor insights on:
Does Pepto Bismol Turn Stool Black
Yes, it can turn: Your stool black. If you have black, tarry, foul smelling stool that would need to be checked out promptly because it can be related to GI bleeding. ...Read more
Yes: Pepto bismal can cause stool to turn black. ...Read more
Just a few: Should only stay black a handful of days. If lasting longer call your doctor who can check to make sure it is not blood. ...Read more
Yes: The bismuth in Peto Bismol typically turns peoples stools dark. This is normal. ...Read more
My i.B.S has been off the charts lately an in the last two weeks when i take pepto bismol it makes my stool black! im also vary sick feeling off a on?
IBS: Ibs can go through stages of exacerbation and quiescents. During exacerbation one must rule out inciting event: dietary, stress, infectious. Stool cultures need to be obtain. If there was exposure to antibiotics, travel history or dietary indiscretion. Peptobismol can cause black stool. However one must rule out GI bleeding. Stool for hidden blood can be helpful to distinguish between two. ...Read more
My daughter took 2 pepto bismol chewable tablets at about 1130pm Thursday night. Today her stools are black. Could it still be caused by the medicine?
Yes: Pepto-Bismol is well known for causing black stools. This is of no concern. Her stool will return to normal within a day or two. ...Read more
Hello, I took Pepto-Bismol twice on Thursday and once on Friday, but I am still having black stools. Today is Monday. Is this normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does pepto bismol turn stool black?
- Does pepto bismol give you black stools?
- Is black watery stool a result of taking pepto bismol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can pepto bismol cause me to have black stools as well as constipation?
- Does taking iron supplements turn your stool black?
- Black stool after pepto bismol
- Pepto bismol and black stools
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online