Doctor insights on:
Does Penicillin Work To Get Rid Of Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the thin mucous membrane that lines the front surface of the eyeball and the inside of the eyelids. As the inflammation increases, it causes the tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva to dilate, thus leading to a redness of the eye. Depending on the cause of the conjunctitis there can also be itching, irritation, and discharge ...Read more
Not likely: Conjunctivitis means inflammation of the outer skin layer on the white of the eye. It can be caused by allergy, infection or other conditions. The best way to treat conjunctivitis is to determine its cause. An eye doctor can differentiate between the different causes and start a treatment plan. But it will not guarantee a quick resolution to the symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What do you advise if i want to get rid of conjunctivitis by tomorrow! is it okay to go on phone/ ipod etc?
Not possible: True conjunctivitis is a viral infection which typically lasts 3-10 days depending upon the strain. There is no one day treatment or cure. (Remember Costas, the TV sports announcer got this condition while covering the olympics and had to go off the air - with all his money and connections, he had to wait it out). An ophthalmologist can tell you if it is this or something else. ...Read more
Immediately!: Assuming that your conjunctivitis has cleared, then you don't have to worry anymore about spreading infection from one eye to the other. But how do you know when the infection is really gone? There's no hard & fast rule but realistically, i'd suggest waiting a few days after all the redness is gone and there's no more gunky stuff pouring out of your eyes or causing your lids to stick together. ...Read more
Similasan: Google the above or speak with your ophthalmologist for best answer ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get rid of conjunctivitis?
- How does vaniqa work to get rid of hair?
- How does prozac work to get rid of depression?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of allergic conjunctivitis?
- How can you get rid of recurring conjunctivitis?
- Does microdermabrasion work to get rid of superficial skin markings?
- What are the ways to get rid of spasticity does stretching actually work?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free