Doctor insights on:
Does Peeling Paint In Home Cause Baby Lead Poisoning
House '78 or earlier: Houses built before 1978 may have lead based paint. Other lead sources: candies and some traditional home remedies from mexico and india; hot tap water for cooking; certain containers or cookware; imported toys or products . See lead recalls at http://www.Cdc.Gov/nceh/lead/recalls/default.Htm. ...Read more
usually done at 1 year routinely.gives us the level of lead the child is exposed to ..if greater than5 microgram/deciliter can cause silent ireversable brain damage if left untreatec lead is is a heavy metal can damage other body tissues lead is quite commonly seen i many everyday things surrounding ...Read more
Unlikely to happen: Lead is a competitive binder for some of the factors in blood production and when it is circulating in a patient with lead exposure it can/will cause anemia.Treatment can remove some lead but other metabolically inactive lead may be locked away in bones.It is not a factor in future blood production. ...Read more
The paint in our house is only a few months old, is there a chance we could get lead poisoning from inhaling it?
No: None of the recent house paints have lead in those. ...Read more
Yes: it can.Get a more detailed answer ›
Could my daughter just now be showing a delay and emotional delays due to her lead poisoning as a baby?
Possible but it is: Likely that it is part of the growing process. How old is your daughter? Was she treated for lead exposure? Did she have manifestations of lead intoxication as a child? Lead poisoning during development can leave lasting impact, but it not feasible to give a definitive opinion from the given information. See this site for more info. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lead-poisoning/fl00068. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Pencil lead is actually a non toxic material called graphite. Unpainted pencils only a problem if baby bites off chunks and chokes on them. I don't believe that the paint on pencils is a problem if they are made in the us. I have reservations for any painted material coming out of china as they may have toxic material in the paint. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Risk of lead exposure peeling paint in home
- Does baby lead poisoning cause developmental delay in child?
- Peeling paint in home
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it dangerous for babies to be exposed to lead paint?
- Does lead poisoning cause failure to thrive?
- Can lead paint cause rheumatoid arthritis?
- Describe the features of lead poisoning in a baby
- Talk to a pediatrician online