Doctor insights on:
Does Ovulation Occur Every Month
Mostly true: If you have regular cycles - and that means 27-32 days, and don't miss more than 1 period per year, let's say - then 98% you are ovulating consistently. The actual day may vary from month to month. ...Read more
Not necessarily: You may not ovulate on the exact same cycle day each month, but most women tend to follow a similar pattern. I would expect that you can rely on populating plus or -1 to 2 days each month. If you're trying to become pregnant, doing an ovulation test for three or four months should help you know fairly precisely what your pattern is. ...Read more
Yes: It is possible. This is called anovulatory cycles. ...Read more
Not always: The best marker for ovulation monthly is to have a menstrual cycle monthly. If cycles are light, irregular and spaced out farther than 35 days, it is a sign you may not be ovulating regularly. There are many reasons for not ovulating and it may take a visit to your provider to get an explanation. If you do not ovulate regularly for many months or years there is an higher risk of uterine cancer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does ovulation happen every month?
- Does breast tenderness occur before or after ovulation?
- Does ovulation spotting occur before or after ovulation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many days after ovulation does implantation occur?
- When does ovulation bleeding occur before or after ovulation
- How long after ovulation does conception occur?
- Does ovulation occur if a ovarian cyst ruptured?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free