Doctor insights on:
Does Otitis Media With Effusion Cause Sleep Disturbance
Collection of purulent fluid behind tympanic membrane- many times secondary to nasal congestion/ viral uri- that can cause bulging of tympanic membrane, pain, redness or distortion of typical anatomic landmarks of membrane, poor mobility of membrane ultimately, tm can perforate or rupture with subsequent drainage of fluid into the ear canal. May take months for fluid from ...Read more
Asthma: Have the child be evaluated by the pediatrician. May need antibiotics as any ENT infection can worsen asthma symptoms and make your little one miserable. If the child had seen a physician and is still symptomatic then take him/ her back if they are not getting better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Antibiotic: Although there is some discussion about antibiotic treatment in otitis media, it is still the most common standard of care in treatment of a localized infection. The 'with effusion' just means there is fluid under pressure in the middle ear. If antibiotic treatment alone is ineffective over 3 months, many doctors recommend pe tubes. ...Read more
Went to doctors and have had otitis media with effusion for 2 weeks and going. How long can it take for ears to not feel full and fluid to drain?
2-4 weeks: after appropriate treatment is the general time frame for resolution. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does otitis media with effusion cause eardrum scarring?
- Does otitis media with effusion cause developmental delay language 03 wk?
- Serous otitis media with effusion
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does vertigo associated with otitis media with effusion last?
- Is babbles a symptom of otitis media with effusion?
- Is vertigo a symptom of otitis media with effusion?
- Otitis media with effusion head banging
- Talk to a pediatrician online