Doctor insights on:
Does Otitis Media With Effusion Cause Developmental Delay Language 03 Wk
Collection of purulent fluid behind tympanic membrane- many times secondary to nasal congestion/ viral uri- that can cause bulging of tympanic membrane, pain, redness or distortion of typical anatomic landmarks of membrane, poor mobility of membrane ultimately, tm can perforate or rupture with subsequent drainage of fluid into the ear canal. May take months for fluid from ...Read more
Are there any key symptoms to look for to see if otitis media with effusion is starting to clear up?
I have a ringing in one ear following otitis media with effusion, will this ringing go away when the fluid drains away?
Recently i got told i had otitis media with effusion and ringing started in my left ear, does this ringing go away when the fluid drains out?
Asthma: Have the child be evaluated by the pediatrician. May need antibiotics as any ENT infection can worsen asthma symptoms and make your little one miserable. If the child had seen a physician and is still symptomatic then take him/ her back if they are not getting better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Went to doctors and have had otitis media with effusion for 2 weeks and going. How long can it take for ears to not feel full and fluid to drain?
2-4 weeks: after appropriate treatment is the general time frame for resolution. ...Read more
I have otitis media with effusion and my ears have been slightly popping all morning when swallowing, is this good or bad?
Likely improving: Eustachian tube allows middle ear mucous to drain into the throat & air to circulate behind the ear drum.As the infection begins to clear, you will often have periods when the tube opens for a period letting air in (popping) or periods where it is still full of fluid or closed.I see the feature as a sign things are improving. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Otitis media with effusion developmental delay language 03 mo
- Does premature baby cause developmental delay language 07 wk?
- Does otitis media with effusion cause sleep disturbance?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Developmental delay language 03 mo laughs
- Cerebral palsy developmental delay language 03 mo
- Is vocalizes a symptom of developmental delay language 08 wk?
- How long does vertigo associated with otitis media with effusion last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online