Doctor insights on:
Does Obesity Stunt Growth
When i was 14 I fasted for 3 days a week for 9 months. I went from obese to healthy weight losing 72lb but havent grown since.Did this stunt my growth
Growth: Yes, this could stunt your growth and you must see your doctor about this. Unlikely to be a problem. FYI - I lived in Bondi from age 3 to 30 before getting a two year scholarship in St. Louis, Missouri. For reasons unknown I was not given the opportunity to return. Turned out to be OK . ENJOY LIFE!!! ...Read more
The definition started with Louis Israel Dublin, chief statistician of the Metropolitan life insurance company, in the early 1940s, as a BMI >25 (definitely >30) for people in their 20's based on retrospective observational life insurance data of the age at which people died later in life. This was subsequently adopted by the medical disease industry. However, BMI is ...Read more
Not overall growth: An injury to the penis should not have anything to do with overall growth of the body. If you mean can it stunt the growth of the penis during puberty, that really depends what the injury was and how extensive the damage is. If it was something minor, it is doubtful there would be any change in overall length or width. If there was significant damage, there could be scarring or permanent changes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does obesity stunt your growth?
- Does drinking stunt growth?
- Does accutane stunt growth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does testosterone stunt growth?
- Does coffee stunt my growth?
- Does coffe stunt your growth?
- Does rice stunt your growth?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free