Doctor insights on:
Does Obesity Cause Other Digestive Problems
The definition started with Louis Israel Dublin, chief statistician of the Metropolitan life insurance company, in the early 1940s, as a BMI >25 (definitely >30) for people in their 20's based on retrospective observational life insurance data of the age at which people died later in life. This was subsequently adopted by the medical disease industry. However, BMI is ...Read more
Food Myths: I am not sure where this question comes from. But, there is no medical or health effect from eating pomegranate when ever you ingest it. ...Read more
Absolutely: The digestive system is very sensitive to stress in many people. From top to bottom, symptoms can include nausea, lack of appetite, stomach pains, stomach gurgling, diarrhea or constipation. It's best to manage the stress itself; in the meantime you might try over-the-counter digestive aids like pepto-bismol. See a doctor if symptoms are severe or persist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sure: There are numerous ways digestive problems cause dizziness . If you vomit and unable to due or eat for a day or two you will be dizzy . If you have severe diarrhea and unable to replenish the loss you will feel dizzy since your blood pressure will be low due to the effective circulating blood volume will be low . There or dozens or reason you might feel dizzy from GI causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nerve: The nerves that you are mentioning do not control the digestive system. The intestines and digestive has its own intrinsic nervous system that controls the motility of the bowels. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does a yeast infection cause vaginal cancer or any other serious problems?
- Does low sodium cause digestive problems?
- Does lack of exercise cause problems with the digestive system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the digestive system work with other systems?
- How does obesity affect the digestive system?
- Does taking levothyroxine cause problems with your sleep patterns?
- How does thyroid problems cause numb toes?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free