Doctor insights on:
Does Non Fat Milk Have Less Lactose Than Regular
Found in milk. Lactose is a large sugar molecule that is made up of two smaller sugar molecules, glucose and galactose. In order for lactose to be absorbed from the intestine and into the body, it must first be split into glucose and galactose. The glucose and galactose are then absorbed by the cells lining the small intestine. The enzyme that splits lactose into glucose ...Read more
Is it healthy to drink 6 glasses of skim/low fat milk every day? Because i'm trying to gain weight. By the way i'm not lactose intolerant.
My 14 month old is lactose intolerant & can't handle regular milk. Is it okay for him to be on soy milk?
Alergy tests conf I am lactose intollerant, my alergy triggers when I have cow milk but the effect is less with buffolow milk. Is this possible ?
I do ghandi diet ..Which includes 1l milk daily .. My body doesn't tollerate lactose...& i replace it with home made 1l live culture yogurt. Is it ok?
Possibly not: Its a dairy product produced by bacterial fermentation of milk. The bacteria used to make yogurt are known as "yogurt cultures". Fermentation of lactose by these bacteria produces lactic acid, which acts on milk protein to give yogurt its texture and its characteristic tang. Does not hurt to try. ...Read more
I receantly became intolerant of milk, is there a way for me to get my body to tolarate the lactose again?
Lactose intolerance : Sometimes after a gastrointestinal illness( usually viral or inflammatory- mild crohn's)the cells lining the intestinal tract become damaged and stop or decrease production of lactase, the enzyme that digests lactose. This is often transient : once the trouble subsides the cells heal and regenerate, lactase production resumes and symptoms subside. So how long have yr symptoms been.R u sure of diag. ...Read more
1/2 hour to three hr: Usually peak at hour after ingestion of milk, but can occur anywhere from 1-3 hours after ingestion. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does low fat milk have more casein?
- Does kefir milk have more benefits than whey protein?
- Does my boyfriend have low testosterone wants sex less than me?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does tea have less caffeine than coffee?
- Is having gas after drinking milk a sign of lactose intolerance?
- What does it mean when you have a trace of non hemolyzed blood in your urine?
- Does fat bruise easier than muscle?
- Does provolone cheese have less fat than american cheese?