Doctor insights on:
Does Nexium Make You Drowsy
Taken Nexium, (esomeprazole) generic Nexium, (esomeprazole) and Protonix which cause drowsiness. Would it be worth taking Prevacid or Prilosec? Will tired feeling go away with time
Doubtful: None of the actions of any of these drugs would have anything to do with drowsiness. That is a very uncommon side effect of any of them. BUT Prilosec is well known to gum up the liver's ability to get other drugs out of you including all sedatives including alcohol.... so .. that one is doubly out. Otherwise, while I cannot explain why these drugs do that on you, the entire group is similar ...Read more
Older ones do: First generation antihistamines (benadryl, clor-pheramine, atarax) cross the blood brain barrier and cause lethargy. Second generation (allegra, claritin, zyrtec, xyzal, (levocetirizine) clarinex) cause the blood brain barrier at a much lesser amount and more targeted to the h1 receptor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does diphenhydramine make you drowsy?
- Does zyrtec make you drowsy?
- Does delsym make you drowsy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does claritin make you drowsy?
- Does benadryl make you drowsy?
- Does motrin make you drowsy?
- Does pseudoephedrine make you drowsy?
- Talk to a neurologist online