Doctor insights on:
Does Needing Glasses Cause Headaches
Also called cephalalgia, is pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck, & can be a symptom of a number of conditions affecting those areas. It originates from pain-sensitive structures such as cranium, muscles, nerves, vessels, subcutaneous tissues, eyes, ears, sinuses & mucous membranes. It is non-specific symptom & can be primary such as tension ha, or secondary ...Read more
Complicated: Soemtimed the correct prescription can give headaches during the adjustment period. That being said, sometimes the power of the precription needs to be reduced (cut) to enable the patient to adjust, with the full prescription being weaned in over a 6-12 month period. Speak to your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
I have a strange dizziness. The room isn't spinning. It's more like when I get new glasses for astigmatism. What could cause it? no headache
Vision has to adjust: The visual system is quite important in maintaining a sense of balance/equilibrium, & sensing "dizziness." This is because there are discrete connections between the optic nerves and the cerebellum as well as other areas of the brain important to control balance. When you get new glasses your eyes need time to adjust and the connections to the cerebellum need to "reset." ...Read more
Glasses too strong switched back to others, can it cause headaches light sensitivity sound sensitivity?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does gastritis cause headaches?
- Does 20 40 vision need glasses?
- Does pink eye cause headaches?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does vyvanse cause headaches?
- Does novacaine cause headache?
- Does green tea cause headaches?
- Could my headaches be related to needing new glasses prescription
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free