Doctor insights on:
Does Needing Glasses Cause Headaches
The medical term is cephalalgia. It is a feeling of pain that can occur on either both sides or just one side of the head or neck. Headaches can be sharp, dull, or throbbing, and can radiate to different areas of the head. They typically last less than an hour but can ...Read more
Complicated: Soemtimed the correct prescription can give headaches during the adjustment period. That being said, sometimes the power of the precription needs to be reduced (cut) to enable the patient to adjust, with the full prescription being weaned in over a 6-12 month period. Speak to your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
I have a strange dizziness. The room isn't spinning. It's more like when I get new glasses for astigmatism. What could cause it? no headache
Vision has to adjust: The visual system is quite important in maintaining a sense of balance/equilibrium, & sensing "dizziness." This is because there are discrete connections between the optic nerves and the cerebellum as well as other areas of the brain important to control balance. When you get new glasses your eyes need time to adjust and the connections to the cerebellum need to "reset." ...Read more
Glasses too strong switched back to others, can it cause headaches light sensitivity sound sensitivity?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Headaches from needing glasses
- New glasses causing headache
- Can not wearing glasses cause headaches?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does wearing glasses cause congestion?
- Could my headaches be related to needing new glasses prescription
- Does wearing glasses cause dark circles?
- Does wearing glasses cause hair loss?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free