Doctor insights on:
Does Narcan Affect Alcohol Once Administered
Can Narcan (naloxone) be effective with a person who takes lortab for pain and drinks alcohol on top of it, and appears to "check out", i.E. Become inarticulate?
Yes: Current practice is to give 2 mg intravenously, and then you can repeat that twice. With some narcotics, especially long-acting ones like darvon, Methadone and some others, it may require 5 mg to reverse overdose. Most authorities believe that if 10 mg doesn't reverse, it either isn't narcotics or its too late. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Alcohol poisoning.: This is a pretty good summery : <a href="http://wiki.Answers.Com/q/can_you_use_narcan_to_treat_alcohol_poisoning" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://wiki.Answers.Com/q/can_you_use_narcan_to_treat_alcohol_poisoning</a> that said suboxone in non-acute situations has been shown clinically to curb alcohol craving along with opiate craving, however, it is not approved for alcohol use. ...Read more
Yes: Yes!Get a more detailed answer ›
Medical assistant: This might have to do with the particular state law. Paramedics of course give all kinds of injections. If you are a certified medical assistant under the direction and supervision of a prescribing doctor you should be able to do it, . ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Once in the brain alcohol affects your
- Does narcan reverse ketamine?
- Does alcohol affect colitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does alcohol affect muscles?
- Does altitude affect alcohol?
- Does alcohol affect periods?
- Does alcohol affect dopamine?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free