Doctor insights on:
Does Meningitis Cause Autism
Causality not there: The study cited prior (j of inorganic biochemistry) uses a a logic algorithm (hill's criteria) to show a strong association- however, this is not causation. Hill's criteria doesn't even begin to take into consideration, the complex interplay between genetics and environmental factors that contribute to the diversity seen in autistic children. To conclude so, is dangerous to children we care for. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder affecting three areas: abnormal socialization, communication, and restricted interests with repetitive patterns of behavior. It is usually detected in the first two years of life. Cause is unknown but strong evidence points to an interplay between genetic and environmental factors. Patients with autism may display significant delays in certain developmental areas while having normal or superior strengths in other developmental or learning domains. The severity of the disorder is highly variable ...Read more
The following:: Bacteria of multiple types, including meningococci, pneumococci, etc. Viruses which can be airborne, arthropod borne, or of GI origin. Also, tuberculosis, parasites, such as amoebas, etc. Lastly, a variety of fungus infestations. (incidentally, sometimes invasive cancers can involve the meninges or brain coverings, and mimic infectious meningitis.). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does breastfeeding cause autism?
- Does gelatin cause autism?
- Does viral meningitis cause myocarditis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does viral meningitis cause hepatitis?
- Does viral meningitis cause pneumonia?
- Does flu shot cause autism?
- Does cellulitis cause meningitis i heard it could?
- Talk to a pediatrician online