Doctor insights on:
Does Lyme Disease Cause Fever
NO: Early lyme disease often causes symptoms such as fever (usually mild), fatigue, headache, muscle/joint pains, swollen glands & a bulls-eye rash starting within 2 days to a few weeks after being infected, but these symptoms may be brief & not everyone will have a fever. Once this early stage resolves, many other symptoms eventually develop, but fever is not a common symptom of chronic lyme disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Lyme disease can cause just about any symptom and is associated with many other conditions including hypoglycemia. Lyme can contribute to other imbalances including candidiasis, magnesium deficiency ; adrenal fatigue which in turn can contribute to hypoglycemia. See http://lymebytes.Blogspot.Com/2010/07/low-blood-sugar-in-lyme-disease.Html. ...Read more
YES!: Lyme disease can affect every organ of the body. 66% of patients with early disseminated lyme disease have elevated liver enzymes (see http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/8675158). Even more patients infected with ehrlichiosis (80%) have elevated liver enzymes and it can even rarely cause liver failure- see http://cid.Oxfordjournals.Org/content/34/9/1206.Long. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does lyme disease always cause a fever?
- Does lyme disease cause headaches?
- How long does fever last with lyme disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does lyme disease cause brain lesions?
- Does lyme disease cause trouble walking?
- Does lyme disease cause thyroid problems?
- Does lyme disease cause a foul body odor?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online