Doctor insights on:
Does Lupus Cause Hoarseness
Hoarseness is having difficulty producing sound when trying to speak, or a change in the pitch or quality of the voice. The voice may sound weak, very breathy, scratchy, or husky. Hoarseness is usually caused by a problem in the vocal cords. Most cases of hoarseness occur with swelling (inflammation) ...Read more
Skin cancer?: Atypical acid fast bacilli often causes sores which do not heal or respond to the usual antibiotics. I always consider the presence of a skin cancer if a sore fails to heal . See a dermatologist. A less likely scenario would be the presence of an immune defect. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
NOT KNOWN...: No one knows the final "trigger-pull" that causes lupus. We do know genetics play some role. We do know that hormones play a major role (reason for female dominance and females rarely getting sle before puberty). But why some with similar factors get disease is not known at present. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Genes, environment: This answer will change as we know more about lupus. We believe that for a person to get lupus, from the limited genetic information we have now, about 10% is from known genetic causes and remaining 90% unknown genetic causes and environmental causes. Environmental causes are largely undefined but important. Think about this: only 30% of identical twins develop lupus together. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Seen in lupus: Must see doc to evaluate lupus lupus is the greek word for wolf. Do not fool around with the wolf! ...Read more
Lupus erythematosus is a name given to a collection of autoimmune diseases, in which the human immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissues.Symptoms of these diseases can affect many different body systems, including joints, skin, kidneys, blood ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does strep throat cause hoarseness or loss of voice?
- Does lupus cause pins and needles sensations?
- Does lupus cause night sweats?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does lupus cause low iga and igm?
- Does a lupus flare cause excessive saliva or almost drooling?
- Does systemic lupus erythematosus sle cause interstitial cystitis?
- Does systemic lupus erythematosus sle cause deep vein thrombosis?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online