Doctor insights on:
Does Lube Kill Sperm Or Make Them Less Effective
Yes: Different lubrications on the market can create a hostile environment for sperm. In general, the most mild, water based lubricants that do not contain perfumes, dyes, stimulants, etc. Are best for fertility. I recommend canola oil as a good alternative to traditional lubricants--it is effective and not harmful to sperm/semen. ...Read more
Doc had told me lubes like KY yours, kill sperm and should be avoided when ttc, true? What would you recommend? I don't need one but i'd like option.
Does yeast infection medication (cream inserted vaginally) kill sperm? IE tercanzole. Or at least make conditions unfavorable?
They will die: quite quickly on their own- i.e. minutes. ...Read more
No: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
Please clarify: I do not understand the question. Are you asking if using alcohol post coitus will kill sperm and prevent pregnancy? If you are asking this the answer is not very effectively. Alcohol would not reach the internal cervix or uterus to kill any sperm swimming there. Topical alcohol is not a form of birth control. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does vitamin c make birth control less effective?
- Does drinking beer make radiation for colon cancer less effective?
- What are hives really how does the body make them go away or shrink away?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does saliva kill sperm?
- Does menthol cigarettes kill your sperm?
- What makes fleet enemas more effective than water or saline?
- Does cold or heat make tmj worse?
- Talk to a urologist online for free