Doctor insights on:
Does Leukocytosis Get Transferred Through Blood Transfusions
No: Leukocytosis means an elevated white blood cell count. Such a finding most often suggests inflammation or infection. The most usual form of blood transfusion involves giving packed red blood cells. That in & of itself would not cause a leukocytosis. In addition, modern blood banking & transfusion practices ensure sterility of the blood product. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Environmental likely: This is likely aquired through your environment, particularly when dealing with cats. Since they pass it out with their feces, it can be aquired through outdoor exposure, especially if walking barefoot. It can possibly be aquired through blood transfusion, like cmv, but more likely one has already got it and the immune system handles it. If immunosuppressed, like in aids, it can reactivate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
STD and blood tx: Yes, HIV is one of std and can be transmitted through blood transfusion as well as contact with body fluids. In, secondary syphilis , spirochetes can be found in blood and can be transmitted through blood transfusion. Hepatitis c also can be transmitted through blood transfusion. ...Read more
Extremely unlikely: Our blood supply in the us has multiple mechanisms to reduce the risk of acquiring hepatitis c through transfusion to less than 1 in 1.6 million. However, tens of thousands of people got hepatitis c through blood transfusions prior to 1992 and so anyone who had a transfusion before 1992 should be tested for hepatitis c. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Leukocytosis transferred blood transfusions
- Would you get diabetes through blood transfusion
- Can i get hepatitis c through blood transfusions in the us?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- First child with aids through blood transfusion
- Getting a blood transfusion
- Can you transfer herpes through blood?
- Can diseases be transferred through getting spit in your eye?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free