Doctor insights on:
Does Iv Needle Hurt
Can I get infection if med student made lots of small puncture wounds on back of wrist with same IV needle?
Potentially yes.: A needle can become contaminated after the first use. Any subsequent use whether accidental or intentional can lead to many types of infections. Usually only skin related contamination occurs, however, transmission of viruses, i.e., hiv, hepc, etc, is possible. The larger the size of the needle, the greater the risk. Needles should never be shared. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it possible for an IV needle/catheter to break off in vein and what would be the consequences and intervention if so?
Yes: They can break but rare. They will break if they are not in the vein usually and they will get stuck under the skin , even if they break in the vein there is nothing to do surgically . But you have to watch for signs of infection at the site like redness , swelling , pain . That means it is getting infected and need to be removed. Very rarely they will move from the vein toward the heart. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Minimal: There is very little pain with a leep procedure. I do them in my office using a paracervical block which requires an injection on each side of the cervix. Most of my patients do not feel that injection. If I do the leep in the operating room, those patients have an I.V. Which does require a neele stick for its placement - still only a needle stick - minimal pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diabetes: Hi, it does hurt a little. Most people get used to it. Alternating fingertips and using some newer glucometers that are designed to read blood from hands or arms may be preferred. New advances will do away with the needles and use photometry to read blood glucose levels through the skin or fingernails. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will the needle or iv hurt during the lumbar sympathetic block
- Will the needle or iv hurt during my upcoming surgery
- Will the needle or iv hurt during the lumbar mri with dye
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will the needle or iv hurt during the upper extremity ct scan with dye
- Will the needle or iv hurt during the loop electrosurgical excision procedure
- Does it hurt to have a thyroid needle biopsy done?
- Iv needle insertion
- Will the needle or iv hurt during the colposcopy