Doctor insights on:
Does It Hurt When Implanon Is Being Inserted
Minimal: This procedure requires a small stick and injection of a local anesthetic that does temporarily burn for a couple of seconds or so. After the anesthetic, the insertion of the Implanon device does not cause pain. This Implanon has now been replaced by the Nexplanon device. Check with your pcp/gyn . Fairly painless procedure and excellent birth control method for many. Reliable and safe. ...Read more
Under the skin: Implanon is a small Etonogestrel Implant placed just under the skin on the inner surface of the upper arm. It is usually placed placed in the non-dominant arm (ie, left arm if you are right-handed). Local anesthesic is used prior to insertion of the device with a needle. It is a quick and easy procedure and contraception lasts for 3 years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long do I keepthe bandage on after i get implanon inserted? & do I take it off when i shower & put a new one?
See below: Let it fall off naturally.Get a more detailed answer ›
My implanon was inserted today and i noticed that when the nurse inserted it she made it slant a bit into a diagonal position. Is this ok?
I got the implanon inserted about a month ago, iv noticed lately that you can feel it at the surface and it is red where it was inserted, rejecting?
Is moodswings and depreddions side effects of inplabon cos I've been so emotional since I had my implanon inserted, I wasnt lke this before?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your face is swollen and your teeth hurt?
- How is a chest tube inserted does it hurt?
- What does it mean when your big toe is swollen it hurts on top?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Where does it hurt when your gallbladder is bad
- What does it mean when your period blood is brown?
- What does it mean when your urine is hot?
- What does it mean when your nipples hurt?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online