Doctor insights on:
Does It Hurt To Get An Enema Done
It is uncomfortable: Most patients tolerate the procedure very well. I think younger patients fare better. There is much turning and rolling during the procedure to coat the mucosa. The colon has to be distended with air to image the colon lining. This is uncomfortable and varies for each patient. This does not last long. Being well prepped(bowel cleansing) and relaxed for the exam helps. ...Read more
6days constipated have taken ducolax Phillips caplets and enemas.all it's done is make my stomach hurt.i don't know what to do. Help please?
You need evaluation: Constipation is very common, related to bad eating habits and sedentary life style. Recommend high fiber diet, plenty of water, and exercise program. Because you had 6 days of constipation and no results after enema and dulcolax, you should go to your family doctor or walk in clinic ASAP. ...Read more
My 18yrs old son has bloody stool and he's getting a segmoidoscopy done. He wants to be sedated. he also don't want the enema method. alternative??
Enemas are safe : If given properly. If you are using them to relieve constipation, you need to see a doctor and determine the cause before you use them too frequently. It is probably not a good idea to use it more often than a couple times a week over two or three months. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does it hurt to get an arterial blood gas done?
- Does it hurt to get a transrectal ultrasound done?
- Does it hurt to get a breast lift done?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does it hurt to get a lip augmentation done?
- Does it hurt to get a cystoscopy with retrograde pyelography done?
- Does it hurt to get a brain mri with and without dye done?
- Does it hurt to get a cbc done?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online