Doctor insights on:
Does Intrauterine Aspiration Of Infected Amniotic Fluid Cause Neonatal Pneumonia
Interstitial pneumonia is an inflammatory process that affects the walls of the small air sacs in the lungs causing them to thicken & cause difficulties with oxygentation. Several infectious & non-infectious processes can cause accumulation of inflammatory cells & fibrous deposits in the walls of the air sacs causing the lungs to become stiffer & unable to ...Read more
Neonatal pneumonia: Duration of illness will depend upon multiple factors, including the organisms involved, mode of acquisition of infection, immune status of the baby, efficacy of therapy and rapidity with which it was begun, whether it required pulmonary support, and so on and so on. ...Read more
Multiple factors: Multiple factors determine the recovery from hypoxia in neonates with pneumonia. Premature neonates are at greatest risk due to underlying prematurity related lung disease. Other factors include maternal fever or chorioamnionitis, premature rupture of membranes, sepsis, duration of mechanical ventilation, nosocomial infections, congenital heart disease etc. Discuss with your neonatologist. ...Read more
Yes: Group b strep (gbs) is a gram-positive streptococcal bacteria also known as streptococcus agalactiae. It is not the same as group a strep which causes strep throat. It is a bacteria which can spread from mother to newborn infants and is the most common cause of sepsis and meningitis in the United States during a newborn's first week of life. It is not restricted to premature infants. ...Read more
1. The removal of a gas or fluid by suction. 2. The sucking of fluid or a foreign body into the airway when drawing breath. 3. A surgical technique used in the treatment of cataracts of the eye, in which an incision is made into the cornea, the lens capsule is severed, and the material of the lens is fragmented and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Neonatal pneumonia intrauterine aspiration of infected amniotic fluid
- Does intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy cause meconium stained amniotic fluid?
- Causes of amniotic fluid leaking
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does placenta previa cause amniotic fluid embolism?
- Does amniotic infection cause meconium stained amniotic fluid?
- Does neonatal pneumonia cause metabolic acidosis?
- What is the cause of excessive amniotic fluid in pregnancy?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free