Doctor insights on:
Does Ingrown Toenail Surgery Hurt
Onychocryptosis is the medical name for ingrown toe nail. The nail can be flat or curved and still be ingrown. The margin of the nail impinges into the flesh (nail fold) on either side of the nail or even the end of the nail. This can lead to violation of the skin (paronychia) and open you up to infections. These are painful and can easily be treated ...Read more
Depends: On your pain tolerance, severity of problem, presence of infection, circulatory and neurological status as well as the technique of administration of the injection. Generally, if you relax as best you can, under most circumstances, the injection is not excessively painful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If my nail still hurts 4 months after ingrown toenail surgery would you recommend having a total nail alvusion for the pain to stop?
My big toenail on my left foot has been hurting off and on for about a year. I've squeezed pus out of it. I have an ingrown toenail? Any options, other than surgery?
I have a ingrown toenail for about 2 years now and i want to get surgery but in 5 months, is it bad to wait 5 mnths to get surgery .?
Depends: On the situation. If there is pain and/or infection, some treatment needs to be performed but not necessarily surgery. Sometimes and incision and drainage may be needed and ingrown portion of nail needs to be cut out. If the problem can be treated palliatively without infection than definitive surgery can wait. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does ohip cover cost of surgery for ingrown toenails?
- Does it hurt to get a ingrown toenail removed?
- Infection after ingrown toenail surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pain after ingrown toenail surgery
- Why does my knee hurt when i walk 7 months after arthroscopic surgery?
- Stitches out after eyelid surgery does it hurt
- Post op ingrown toenail surgery
- Talk to a dermatologist online