Doctor insights on:
Does Ingesting Sugar Raise Blood Pressure
Only indirectly: A high sugar diet can cause signficant weight gain. That can increase blood pressure in and of itself. If one has diabetes, it becomes even more complicated. A higher sugar diet can reduce diabetes control which can worsen blood pressure and more importantly increase the risk of heart disease from high blood pressure. But will blood pressure immediately go up after eating sugar? No! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
No not: Related.Get a more detailed answer ›
Blood sugar and BP: If your question is can your blood sugar elevation raise your blood pressure, then the answer is maybe. Diabetes which is elevations in your blood sugar affects your blood vessels, kidneys and heart. So uncontrolled diabetes can cause problems that would raise your blood pressure. Simple elevations in blood sugar, like you ate a big bowel of pasta, shouldn't elevate your blood pressure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does benadryl raise blood sugar?
- Does salt raise blood sugar?
- Does pineapple raise blood sugar?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does metoprolol raise blood sugar?
- Does amoxicillin raise blood sugar?
- Does cauliflower raise blood pressure?
- Salt does not raise blood pressure
- Talk to a cardiologist online