Doctor insights on:
Does Hypothyroidism Cause Stomach Pain
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
My ESR level is 45.I have occasional stomach pain and severe lower back pain.I have hypothyroidism which is now normal.I also used to have uti.Help me?
If hypothyroidism causes hypochloridia (low stomach acid) will iodine supplementation kick both into action?
Maybe...: Be careful with iodine. If hypothyroidism is due to iodine deficiency, perhaps, but often thyroid problems are due to other reasons. Do not overdose on iodine. Find a good integrative medicine doctor who can help explore why your thyroid might not be functioning well. Consider betaine hcl to help digestion in the meantime. ...Read more
I got the stomach flu including chillsthe night I received IV contrast for a CT scan. I also have hypothyroidism. Could this have caused any problems?
Many: It could be food sensitivity, allergies, lactose intolerance (dairy problem) too much food, gas, blockage of some sort, malabsorption, type of food, etc. Keep a food journal and see if you can identify if a particular type of food is the problem. Could be a gallbladder, liver, or pancreas problem as well. Best to have it evaluated by a physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does hypothyroidism cause testicular pain?
- Does hypothyroidism cause muscle pain?
- Does hypothyroidism cause osteoporosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does hypothyroidism cause anemia?
- Does hypothyroidism cause acne?
- Does hypothyroidism cause hypoglycemia?
- Does hypothyroidism cause moles?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free