Doctor insights on:
Does Hypothyroidism Cause Preeclampsia
Likely complex...: Thyroid hormones have complex interactions with many parts of the whole body. Hypothyroidism can lead to hyponatremia or to both SIADH + hyponatremia. Being low in thyroid hormone can somehow lead to the release of anti-diuretic hormone from the pituitary gland, so one gets SIADH and the accompanying excess water in the body. ...Read more
Decreased fetal GFR.: Oligohydramnios is a sign of decreased fetal glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in the absence of rupture of amniotic membranes. Preeclampsia can cause placental failure and thus poor perfusion of the fetoplacental unit leading to oligohydramnios. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Adult male circumcision
- Lip ulcers treatment
- Fire ants home remedy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Plastic surgery for or against
- In vivo fertilization from stored sperm
- What is chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis?
- How to cure pneumonia at home?
- Talk to a pediatrician online