Doctor insights on:
Does Hypothyroidism Cause Preeclampsia
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
Likely complex...: Thyroid hormones have complex interactions with many parts of the whole body. Hypothyroidism can lead to hyponatremia or to both SIADH + hyponatremia. Being low in thyroid hormone can somehow lead to the release of anti-diuretic hormone from the pituitary gland, so one gets SIADH and the accompanying excess water in the body. ...Read more
Decreased fetal GFR.: Oligohydramnios is a sign of decreased fetal glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in the absence of rupture of amniotic membranes. Preeclampsia can cause placental failure and thus poor perfusion of the fetoplacental unit leading to oligohydramnios. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does overweight cause preeclampsia?
- Does smoking cause preeclampsia?
- Does preeclampsia cause hemangiomas?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does preeclampsia cause oligohydramnios?
- Does fish oil cause preeclampsia?
- Does chronic hypertension cause preeclampsia?
- Does multiple gestation cause preeclampsia?
- Talk to a pediatrician online