Doctor insights on:
Does Hyperthyroidism Cause Weight Gain
Hypothyroidism is a medical condition that lowers the level of thyroid hormone to a point where the patient has a marked decrease in overall health. Often the patient does not notice the loss of thyroid hormone for several weeks or more. Once diagnosed with low thyroid hormone levels, the patient will be prescribed with thyroid hormone to a point where the thyroid levels are normal and ...Read more
Hyperthyroidism and weight gain, can a low TSH level cause weight gain? And how would menopause effect TSH level?
No: Rarely hyperthyroidism manifested by a low TSH and elevated thyroid hormones can cause increased hunger leading to weight gain. Most hyperthyroids lose (muscle) weight. Menopause has no effect on TSH levels, but as we age hypothyroidism with increased TSH becomes more likely. 20% of women on medicare have elevated TSH and have frank or subclinical hypothyroidism. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Hyperthyroid weight gain
- Hyperthyroid and weight gain
- Subclinical hyperthyroidism weight gain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does clomid cause weight gain?
- Does silenor cause weight gain?
- Does bulimia cause weight gain?
- Does stress cause weight gain?
- Can hyperthyroidism cause weight gain?