Doctor insights on:
Does Hyperthyroidism Cause Weight Gain
Hyperthyroidism and weight gain, can a low TSH level cause weight gain? And how would menopause effect TSH level?
No: Rarely hyperthyroidism manifested by a low TSH and elevated thyroid hormones can cause increased hunger leading to weight gain. Most hyperthyroids lose (muscle) weight. Menopause has no effect on TSH levels, but as we age hypothyroidism with increased TSH becomes more likely. 20% of women on medicare have elevated TSH and have frank or subclinical hypothyroidism. ...Read more
Many factors: There are several reasons for weight gain. It can be as simple as eating too many calories, or eating the wrong calories, or not getting enough exercise. You will gain weight when you take in more calories than your body burns each day. There are also medical conditions and hormone imbalances which cause weight gain, and medications with side effects of weight gain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
In some women: Progesterone iud's can cause weight gain and also copper iud's. The best way to prevent weight gain is to eat 6 equal healthy meals with 6 servings of fresh vegetables and one apple each day, moderate exercise through the day ( try pretend jump roping for 1 minute at a time or more up to 60 minutes in 24 hours, sleep 7-8 hours, and manage stress skillfully. Added zinc might help with cu iud. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does acid reflux cause weight gain?
- Does vitamin b12 cause weight gain?
- Why does depakote cause weight gain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does estrace cause weight gain?
- Does taking flexeril cause weight gain?
- Does abilify cause weight gain or loss?
- Is there an anxiety medicine that does not cause weight gain?
- Does evening primrose oil cause weight gain?