Doctor insights on:
Does Hyperthyroidism Cause Sleep Disturbance
Can a lowering of dose from 200mg to 100mg in topiramate cause any momentarty sleep disturbance? And nausea ?
Hypothyroidism is a medical condition that lowers the level of thyroid hormone to a point where the patient has a marked decrease in overall health. Often the patient does not notice the loss of thyroid hormone for several weeks or more. Once diagnosed with low thyroid hormone levels, the patient will be prescribed with thyroid hormone to a point where the thyroid levels are normal and ...Read more
A number of things: There could be sleep apnea. You could also have underlying depression as well, which can also disturb sleep. Caffeine may also disturb sleep, as can alcohol. You should definitely see a sleep specialist to go over all of your sleep habits and complaints to chart out a management plan. You may also need a sleep study in a hospital or sleep lab. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What kind of sleep disturbance can cause entire body muscle contraction, arm/leg movement, sweating, and low moaning sound in children?
Polysomnogram: A sleep study is called a polysomnogram and it assesses breathing patterns, arousals, oxygenation, stage of sleep and airflow. The most common sleep disturbances can be diagnosed this way. Specialized studies are needed for narcolepsy and insomnia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does otitis media with effusion cause sleep disturbance?
- Does hirschsprung disease cause sleep disturbance?
- Does restless leg syndrome cause sleep disturbance?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sleep disturbance
- Does anxiety cause visual disturbances like hallucinations?
- Does hyperthyroidism cause sugar cravings?
- Does hyperthyroidism cause weight gain?
- Talk to a sleep medicine specialist online for free