Doctor insights on:
Does Hyperthyroidism Cause Sleep Disturbance
A number of things: There could be sleep apnea. You could also have underlying depression as well, which can also disturb sleep. Caffeine may also disturb sleep, as can alcohol. You should definitely see a sleep specialist to go over all of your sleep habits and complaints to chart out a management plan. You may also need a sleep study in a hospital or sleep lab. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can a lowering of dose from 200mg to 100mg in topiramate cause any momentarty sleep disturbance? And nausea ?
What kind of sleep disturbance can cause entire body muscle contraction, arm/leg movement, sweating, and low moaning sound in children?
Polysomnogram: A sleep study is called a polysomnogram and it assesses breathing patterns, arousals, oxygenation, stage of sleep and airflow. The most common sleep disturbances can be diagnosed this way. Specialized studies are needed for narcolepsy and insomnia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Disrupted Sleep: A "sleep disturbance" is anything that disrupts the normal sleep pattern. So, it could be sleep apnea that keeps waking someone's brain up. Or, frequent urination; or insomnia from a number of reasons. Usually, you don't "sleep through" a sleep disturbance because it would not be a disturbance then. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does restless leg syndrome cause sleep disturbance?
- Does hirschsprung disease cause sleep disturbance?
- Does otitis media with effusion cause sleep disturbance?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does hyperthyroidism cause high calcium levels?
- Does sleeping on your back cause nightmares?
- Does sleeping in a moldy hotel room cause longterm allergy problems?
- Does anxiety cause visual disturbances like hallucinations?
- Talk to a sleep medicine specialist online for free