Doctor insights on:
Does Hyperglycemia Cause You To Lose Your Appetite
Yes and no: Very high sugar levels will suppress appetite somewhat. However, as your sugar levels fall from that elevated level, your appetite may be inappropriately triggered. That is the reasoning behind the use of metformin in weight control- it moderates the blood sugar spikes and minimizes cravings caused by high glycemic foods. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
This is a term that just mean high blood sugar. This can be caused by many things such as exercise, stress, eating excess sugar and the ultimate diabetes. Diabetes occurs when the body can not longer process its sugar out of the blood stream and is sustained or continuous hyperglycemia. Everyone's blood sugar will rise a little after they eat, but most peoples will return ...Read more
Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia is high blood sugar levels. You MUST change that. 1: Discuss with your doctor. 2: Start lowering your blood sugar. 3: Start losing weight - slowly. 4: Please see a dietitian to teach you the best methods to get your blood sugar level down. Please keep me posted. ...Read more
I am not sure: Representatives from the U.S. National institutes of health (nih), the american diabetes association (ada), and the juvenile diabetes research foundation (jdrf) report that they are unaware of any such studies on the topic of illicit drug use and blood glucose control. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I MAY BE MISSING: A thing or two but I am not aware of this. ...Read more
Sugar production: Glucagon made by the body tells your liver to make more sugar, and when all systems are functioning properly, should not cause 'hyper'glycemia...Should result in normal sugars. Bottled glucagon given by injection as a medication an cause transient hyperglycemia because the dose is large, and that is its intended effect. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can stress cause you to lose your appetite?
- What causes you to lose your appetite?
- Does vitamin b 12 make you lose your appetite?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do you lose your appetite when you have a head cold?
- Why do you lose your appetite when you fall in love?
- Does hyperglycemia increase or decrease your heart rate?
- Can water parasites make you lose weight and cause a loss of appetite?
- Talk to a general internist online for free