Doctor insights on:
Does Home Built Before 1950 Cause Risk Of Lead Exposure
Yes: When ever anyone seems to have add it is important to rule out medical reasons including toxins such as lead. ...Read more
Know where it is: Lead is found in many products. Most famous was house paint in the old days. New paint no longer contains lead. Old gasoline contained lead, but newer forms do not. Pottery and jewelry from mexico and from china may contain lead and other dangerous metals. Lead levels can be checked, and chelation treatment can be used if too high. ...Read more
Multiple disorders: Exposure to lead depending on the age and intensity of exposure can cause mental retardation and encephalopathy in children. In adult it may cause anemia, neuropathy, gum disease and abdominal pain etc. See this site for more info. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lead-poisoning/fl00068. ...Read more
Lead Exposure: In children we see Developmental delays, Learning difficulties, Irritability, loss of appetite & weight, Abdominal pain, Vomiting, Constipation, Hearing loss, Sluggishness & Fatigue. In adults, Hypertension, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Joint & muscle aches, pain or numbness & tingling in arms & legs, Headaches, Memory loss, Mood changes, infertility. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My home was built before 1950 so could my baby be exposed to lead
- Living in home built before 1950
- Risk of lead exposure peeling paint in home
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does peeling paint in home cause baby lead poisoning?
- What does risk of occupational exposure mean?
- How long does lead exposure associated with pregnancy last?
- Does sun exposure cause melanoma?
- Talk to a pediatrician online