Doctor insights on:
Does History Of Therapeutic Abortion Cause Hellp Syndrome
Is termination in cases of Down syndrome considered an acceptable reason for a therapeutic abortion?
What can I expect at my ob/gyn appointment at 13 weeks? I am 41 with a history of a uterine avm after a therapeutic abortion 4 years ago. Thanks.
High risk: It is hard to predict exactly what you specific doctor will do. Generally around this time first trimester genetic screening is done. Since you are over age 35 this is important. It is certainly reasonable to call your doctors office and ask the nurse for guidance on what tests you are due for at the next appointment. ...Read more
I had a therapeutic abortion at 5 months(d&e), 4 yrs ago, and I am now again pregnant. In terms of labor, is this considered my 1st or 2nd pregnancy?
No: Pih includes both gestational hypertension, which is a benign condition where the woman's blood pressure increases slightly without the associated proteinuria, edema or lab abnormalities found in pre-eclampsia. Hellp syndrome is a variant of severe pre-eclampsia characterized by hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low-platelets. Blood pressure may be high as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Immune Drama: The immune basis of preeclampsia has not been solved. Hellp represents the most severe form of this condition. Events affecting the maternal blood vessels and kidneys activate the platelets to be consumed resulting in this clinical model. The liver and kidneys swell to the point of failure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Preeclampsia complic: Hellp syndrome is a rare complication of preeclampsia or high blood pressure of pregnancy. It results from vascular dysfunction in your liver and renal vessels preferentially in the setting of severe preeclampsia. Unless promptly delivered and expertly treated, it can cause severe complications or even maternal/fetal death. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does history of therapeutic abortion cause chlamydia?
- Hellp syndrome history of therapeutic abortion
- Does history of iv drug use cause fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does family history of cleft lip or cleft palate cause cleft lip and palate?
- Does family history of epilepsy cause seizure disorder?
- Does past history of sexually transmitted disease cause chlamydia?
- What kind of conditions does down syndrome cause?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free