Doctor insights on:
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Herpes life: Not long. Herpes is a finicky virus and needs warm moist conditions. It won't survive longer than a few minutes on dry cool surfaces such as your hands. It will survive longer on most warm surfaces such as your genitals, inside the nose and possibly wet warm towels in a steamy bathroom or the edge of a warm tea cup ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Herpes Simplex Virus: The herpes simplex virus-1 is most often the cause of cold sores. It can be spread to the mouth or lips through activities like kissing. It can spread to the genitals by mouth to genital contact or genital to genital contact. Herpes simplex virus -2 can be spread through vaginal, anal ; oral sex. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does herpes cause odor?
- How long does it take for a herpes outbreak to clear up?
- How long does painful urination associated with genital herpes last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does herpes make you itch all over?
- How does genital herpes differ from chancroid in appearance?
- Does herpes cause boils?
- How long does fever associated with genital herpes last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free