Doctor insights on:
Does Hellp Syndrome Cause Preeclampsia
No: Pih includes both gestational hypertension, which is a benign condition where the woman's blood pressure increases slightly without the associated proteinuria, edema or lab abnormalities found in pre-eclampsia. Hellp syndrome is a variant of severe pre-eclampsia characterized by hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low-platelets. Blood pressure may be high as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Immune Drama: The immune basis of preeclampsia has not been solved. Hellp represents the most severe form of this condition. Events affecting the maternal blood vessels and kidneys activate the platelets to be consumed resulting in this clinical model. The liver and kidneys swell to the point of failure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does chronic hypertension cause hellp syndrome?
- Does hellp syndrome cause neonatal mortality?
- Does history of therapeutic abortion cause hellp syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hellp and preeclampsia
- Does overweight cause preeclampsia?
- Does smoking cause preeclampsia?
- Does preeclampsia cause hemangiomas?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free