Doctor insights on:
Does Heart Failure Cause Sleepiness
Yes, it can: Heart failure can certainly cause profound fatigue and weakness, and even increased sleepiness. This is usually as a result of limited forward blood flow out of the heart, for instance to skeletal muscles (limits activity tolerance), the brain and so on. It's also very common for people with heart failure to develop sleep apnea, making their sleep quality suffer and leading to daytime sleepiness. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
No.: No. If a person with CHF were having hallucinations, I'd suspect a medication side effect. People with CHF take a lot of pills. ...Read more
Possible relation: Cardiomegaly is an anatomical diagnosis which means that the heart is enlarged. Heart failure is a disease state known as congestive heart failure or chf. There are many causes of CHF and cardiomegaly is but one and really not the primary issue. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Nocturia: Yes. The fluid shifts in the body when one is laying down versus being up and about can be quite significant and this can lead to frequent need to urinate at night. ...Read more
Brain Damage: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does cardiomegaly cause heart failure?
- Does stress cause sleepiness?
- Does anemia cause sleepiness?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does congestive heart failure cause edema?
- Does congenital heart disease cause failure to thrive?
- Does congestive heart failure cause swelling of the face?
- Does left sided heart failure cause right sided heart failure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online