Doctor insights on:
Does Having Thick Oily Skin Have Any Evolutionary Benefits
It must...: ...Or it would not have survived the evolution process. More precisely, it probably did impart an evolutionary advantage at some point in the history of homo sapiens. We may have outgrown it, or it may still be protecting us from something yet to be discovered. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi, I have got an oily skin and I can't get off the black heads from my nose. Is there anyway I can reduce the oilyness and the blackheads? Thanks
Blackheads: Don't scrub! It just injures the skin and increases the risk of infection. Your hormones are to blame for the only skin and I don't think you want to attempt changing that. A salicylic gel or base is probably the most helpful but apply sparingly at night, starting with a couple of times per week, increasing nightly. Use a very gentle cleanser specifically for the face (not for oily skin). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
After cleansing, dead oily skin sorta rubbed off, it was sticky, didn't come off easy. Looked kind like that thick tretinoin cream mixed with skin. ?
Gentle cleanser: Wash face w gentle cleanser 2x/day & use oil free products. No oily hair or heavy foundations. Exfoliate occasionally. Try not to pop pimples. Avoid touching face (cradling chin in hands). Remove makeup before bed. Shower after strenuous exercise. Consider otc products (salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide). If > mild acne see dermatology. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does vinegar have any health benefits?
- Does unsweetened shredded coconut have any good health benefits?
- Any benefit if i have narcissistic personality disorder
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does having thick blood mean?
- What does it mean to have a thick uterus lining?
- What does it mean to have thick blood?
- Does neomercazole have any impact on menstrual cycle?
- Talk to a dermatologist online