Doctor insights on:
Does Having Head Lice Mean The Person Is Dirty With Poor Hygiene
Sharing: Head lice can be transmitted from one individual to another by direct scalp-to-scalp contact, sharing hair brushes or other hair accessories, and by coming in contact with bedding or cushions that were in contact by an infected individual. Follow the directions of your doctor closely to best eradicate the lice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Don't share: Head lice are most common in school age children k-6th grade. The reason why is because children this age share combs, hats, and other things that can transmit lice. Good hygiene dies not prevent head lice, you will just have clean lice. The best thing is to treat a case and isolate all furniture and items for 48 hrs and wash linen to prevent spread. Remember with lice care but don't share! ...Read more
Head lice: Simply put, you can do everything right and your family could still end up with lice. And of course, head lice have nothing to do with hygiene or income level; anyone can get them. The most common route of transmission is head to head contact, such as two kids bending over the same coloring book. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Words work: This is a common, easily treatable condition.Since the bug can only live on humans, you got it from another human.It does not imply poor hygiene or bad habits.Your parents may also be infected. There are some over the counter and prescription treatments available. Get it treated before you spread it. ...Read more
Get from others: Head lice are small insects that do not form on your head, but you get them from others. They lay eggs, called nits, which are glued to the hair shafts. Head lice do not cause disease but have a high 'yuck' factor! several treatments are available to get rid of them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lots of effort: There is a large movement to not coat the head with Permethrin or lindane due to potential neurotoxicity, and the risk is relevant. Non medicated products like licemd or ovid are effective, but nothing works better than the nit-loosening gel (ok, so it's not totally natural), the fine toothed comb, and lots of time and effort getting out all nits and lice. Then repeating the effort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when i have a headache on the left side of my head?
- What does it mean when the soft spot on a babys head is raised?
- What does it mean when the white of your eye is yellow with liver problems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is does it mean to have dislocation of the hip?
- What does it mean when one of your testicles is much larger than the other?
- I have headaches and the top of my head is tender what could this be
- What does it mean when you have yellow in the white of your eye?
- Talk to a pediatrician online