Doctor insights on:
Does Having A Root Canal Hurt
It shouldn't: People will often hear horror stories around the water cooler about root canals. There are plenty of situations where a patient comes to a root canal specialist in pain. Our job is to take the pain away, not cause it. We will get you numb. Test you to make sure you're numb. If for some reason you have a "hot" tooth and need more anesthetic raise up your left hand. We will stop and get u more numb. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Speak with dentist: The dentist will use a local to numb the area. Prior to this a topical is placed in the area to try to superficially numb the area to feel the needle less. If needed nitrous oxide can be utilized to calm any fears or the dentist can prescribe a low dose of valium to allay any anxiety. You will be fine. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: If you are starting with a badly infected tooth, there is likely going to be a bit more tenderness, as it may be more difficult to get adequate anesthesia due to the infection.Talk with your Endodontist about this before starting. We have excellent anesthetics , so most often there is little or no pain. If tooth not infected, then virtually no pain more often than not, in the hands of a specialist ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Root canal therapy: Root canal therapy have the reputation of being painful, but new techniques and advanced anesthesia are making it a reality for many patients. It helps you to eliminate future pain, complications and improve your general health and quality of life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many factors: That is a very broad question & not easily answered. It depends upon many factors some of which are: whether the nerve is alive\dead\infected? The ability and experience of the dentist, your own pain threshold, your eating habits, & how well you respond to pain medication. I usually tell my patients, "10% chance no pain at all, 80% chance mild discomfort, especially to pressure, 10% pain 1st day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It may...: It takes a while for antibiotics to work. It takes a while for the body to heal even with the best antibiotic. Sometimes an antibiotic may not be effective and thus a new antibiotic would need to be chosen. Your dentist would be best at determining which is best for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does it hurt after a root canal?
- How long does it hurt after a root canal?
- How long does a root canal hurt after?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What hurts more a root canal or having a tooth pulled?
- Tooth with root canal and crown hurts
- Tooth with root canal still hurts
- My root canal tooth hurts
- Talk to a dentist online for free