Doctor insights on:
Does Glaucoma Affect Nearsightedness Or Farsightedness
Eye prescription is +0.25x-1.0. So my power is "+", but spherical equivalent is "-". Am i myopic or hyperopic? Is near or far vision better?
Depends...: +.25 is negligible, so you can say you're emmetropic. However you do have astigmatism, so you are astigmatic . Technically, you're hyperopic with astigmatism. With current data, i couldnt tell you whether near vision or distance vision is better, depends on whether you have presbyopia or not. If you don't have presybiopia, then they are equal. Hope that helps, but it can get confusing.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mom and dad: Genetics determine whether a person is nearsighted or farsighted. ...Read more
Eyes: As words explain nearsighted can see near by objects but has difficulty seeing distant objects with clarity farsighted sees distant objects but has problem with nearby objects. ...Read more
Nearsighted: Means you see better near than far. Farsighted- just the opposite. Hence the name! ...Read more
Focus problems: Focusing or far away objects requires a different combination of eye lens, cornea and retinal distance from the lens than focusing on nearby objects. The focusing system can go awry in both the far away combinations and/or the nearby combinations usually because of problems with the shape of the lens for each type of focus. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does the cervical cryosurgery affect your period or not?
- How does autism affect your body or brain?
- Does marijuana affect you from building muscles or losing weight?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does tramadol affect sperm count or motility?
- Does fetal alcohol syndrome affect boy babies or girl babies more?
- How does niacin affect glaucoma?
- Can tetanus affect one part of your body or does it affect every muscle?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free